- Provide developmental education program to cultivate the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in college.
- Review and revise academic offerings to ensure appropriate student learning and academic quality as directed by federal, state and accrediting
- Set the direction for all curriculum to meet community needs and student interest.
- Develop an honors program to enhance transferability and employability for eligible students.
- Provide quality service learning and volunteerism opportunities to enhance student success and serve the community.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Improve assessment practices to enhance student learning and success.
- Develop common course outcomes to provide consistency in learning outcomes regardless of location or delivery.
- Create benchmarks for general education outcomes to clarify institutional learning expectations.
- Assess student learning in relation to the benchmarks established for general education outcomes to determine student competency.
- Evaluate the impact of pedagogical and curricular changes resulting from program assessment to determine efficacy of these changes.
- Develop an enrollment management plan through the effective integration of administrative processes, student services, curriculum planning and
market analysis to ensure student success.
- Develop student retention plans to improve the quality of student life and learning through comprehensive, accessible, and affordable higher
- Enhance early college and dual enrollment programs to ensure the ability of high school students to acquire college credit at OCC.
- Develop strategic program of distance learning to increase access for our students.