The Association of Retired Personnel of Oakland Community College was formed in 1993 to provide opportunities for fellowship, assist members with retirement issues, provide opportunities for enrichment through the
resources of OCC, to cooperate with other retiree organizations and to provide a volunteer source of experience and expertise for OCC. Membership is open to OCC employees whose employment status was full-time, part-time
Classified, or part-time Teamsters at the time of retirement. The initial complimentary membership will not exceed 12 months. All memberships, complimentary and dues paying, expire on September 30th.
The purpose of this Association shall be to assist its members by:
- providing fellowship,
- assisting with retirement issues,
- making opportunities for enrichment through the resources of Oakland Community College,
- cooperating with organizations of retired persons at all levels, and
- making use of the experience within the association membership.
OCC retirees support the OCC Association of Retired Personnel Scholarships that provide deserving OCC students with scholarships each school year for tuition and course related textbooks. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- MUST have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at Oakland Community College.
- MUST have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- MUST be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-U.S. citizen.
Retirees who plan to make personal contributions to the OCC Foundation may designate their donations to the OCCARP Scholarship Fund, unless they have other particular scholarship programs in mind.