Compass Placement Testing
The COMPASS test is used to place you in the proper classes at
- You will determine your level of proficiency from the computer choices and then select where you will begin.
- COMPASS will adjust the questions you are given based on your successful answers.
- For example, if your response is correct, you will be given a more difficult question.
- If your response is incorrect, you will be given an easier problem until your correct level is determined.
The COMPASS placement test is untimed. The combined English and math tests usually require between 2 and 4 hours to complete.
- An admissions application must be submitted and processed prior to testing.
- Placement testing is by appointment only. Your OCC student number is required to make an appointment.
- Phone number: 248-522-3484
- Driver's license, passport or picture I.D. must be presented.
- Arrive 15 minutes early at room J-250
COMPASS sessions are offered at various times. Click on the links below to see the schedule and practice tests.
Call 248-522-3484 to verify times and test availability