What is Supplemental Instruction?
Supplemental Instructions (SI) is a series of weekly review
sessions for students taking traditionally difficult courses and
is designed for those interested in improving both their
understanding of course material and their grades.
- To increase student academic performance.
- To help students acquire study skills while learning meaningful content.
- Integrate how to learn with what to learn.
- Provide immediate practice and reinforcement of old and new skills.
- Provide opportunities to clarify concepts, wrestle with topics and discuss ideas.
- Offer opportunities for peer and collaborative learning.