What is the MTELP?
The MTELP, or Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency, is a language certificate measuring a students English ability as a second or foreign language.
Its primary purpose is to access a learner's English language ability at an academic or advanced business level.
The test structure is similar to other Michigan Proficiency exams in that it is in a multiple choice format. The MTELP consists of grammar, vocabulary
and reading comprehension sections.
How long does the MTELP test last?
- The test lasts 90 minutes and there are 100 questions.
- The grammar, vocabulary and reading (GVR) consists of the following:
- 40 conversational grammar items
- 40 vocabulary items
- 20 reading comprehension items
- The reading comprehension section contains 4 texts of between 400 and 600 words with 5 multiple choice questions each.
- An admissions application must be submitted and processed prior to testing.
- Driver's license, passport or picture I.D. must be presented 15-30 minutes prior to starting times.
- An appointment is strongly recommended. Space for testing is limited to (5) five!
- Spaces will be granted on a "First-come, first-served" basis.
- Arrive 15-30 minutes early.
- Testing begins promptly at indicated time.
- Tests last approximately 2.5 hours.
Call 248-246-2435/2437 to make appointment
|Monday - Friday||9:00 am||6:00 pm|