Compass Placement Testing
The COMPASS test is used to place you in the proper classes at
- You will determine your level of proficiency from the computer choices and then select where you will begin.
- COMPASS will adjust the questions you are given based on your successful answers.
- For example, if your response is correct, you will be given a more difficult question.
- If your response is incorrect, you will be given an easier problem until your correct level is determined.
While there is no time limit, the combined English and math test generally takes about two hours to complete.
- The test is given on a “walk-in” basis on selected days —no appointment is needed (see schedule below).
- An admissions application must be submitted and processed prior to testing.
- Driver’s license or picture ID must be presented at testing.
COMPASS sessions are offered at various times. Click on the links below to see the schedule and practice tests.