CAMPUSES AND SITES OF OAKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Oakland Community College is composed of campus sites conveniently situated to serve all geographical areas of Oakland County. It operates at two additional locations to assist in the conduct of College operations.
The core of all instruction and learning activities is on the campuses. Each campus is proud of the range of programs, personal services,
community events and laboratory facilities that are available to all students. At the heart of each campus is a dedicated faculty and staff, eager to provide a meaningful college experience. All campuses have:
- Academic Support Centers (ASCs) provide individual tutoring and other assistance for those students seeking reinforcement in academic areas.
- Accessibility Compliance Center and Educational Support (ACCESS) provides accommodations for students with written documentation of a disability and tutoring services for eligible students with a faculty referral.
- Athletics and Intramurals for all students who wish to engage in competitive sports. Check individual campuses for availability of specific offerings.
- COMPASS (COMputer-adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System) which assesses student mathematics and English proficiency for placement into mathematics and English courses
- Computer Labs that contain up-to-date hardware along with training in a variety of relevant software packages. Networked labs with Internet access enable students to conduct research, access databases and write papers within
- Courses and Programs that transfer to many four-year colleges and universities.
- Cultural Activities that provide opportunities for participation and appreciation of the arts and humanities.
- Degrees in Applied Sciences, Business Administration, General Studies, Liberal Arts, as well as Sciences
- Developmental Education designed to prepare students to be able to read, write, think and problem-solve at the level appropriate for college success.
- Enrollment Services and Business Offices to better serve students. These offices allow common OCC admittance, registration, tuition payment and financial aid assistance from any location.
- Evening and Weekend Classes to accommodate working students.
- Financial Assistance designed to provide qualified students with funds that enable them to pursue educational goals.
- Free Wireless Internet Access in student gathering areas and select classrooms. Additional coverage areas were added in the spring/summer of 2012.
- International Student Advisors to assist international students with admissions, orientation and immigration-related issues.
- Libraries that link students to extensive resources throughout the library network to support the College’s diverse academic programs. All libraries feature Internet access and combined online public access to resources.
- Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MTELP) for students whose primary language is not English.
- Professional Counselors to coordinate a guidance program and ensure student academic, vocational and social success.
- Student Organizations and extracurricular activities to meet diverse student needs.