- Apply for Graduation in the counseling office by April 15 in order to have your name
listed in the Commencement Program.
- Students may continue to apply for graduation and participate in the ceremony until
Friday, May 13.
- Caps, gowns and tassels should be purchased at your home campus bookstore April 1 through May 13, at a cost of $37.95. Honors cords will be available at a cost of $11.00. Separate
pieces (cap, gown, tassel) may also be purchased. Caps and gowns will NOT be available on the day of commencement. Students may not
march ungowned. Please dress appropriately for the occasion. (Shorts are not recommended).
- Commencement gowns are hunter green in color. No other gown colors are allowed, including pearl-gray from previous years.
- Announcements may be purchased ($6.50 per five or $1.49 for one) at each campus bookstore
beginning in April.
- Allowable gown adornments include Phi Theta Kappa stoles and/or honors cords only.
- Graduates should NOT bring purses, flowers, cameras, etc. to the loading dock area.
There is no secure storage area available, and you will not be allowed to carry any
items with you.
- Children will not be allowed to sit with or walk across the stage with graduates.
Please make arrangements for their care during the ceremony.
- Please arrive no later than 1:15 pm. Enter off Lapeer Road/M24; follow the road signs
to the Palace. (See area map) Late arrivals are not guaranteed participation in the ceremony. Remember to allow time for construction traffic and Commencement traffic.
- Graduates ONLY should proceed to the loading dock area (South Entrance) of the Palace
and locate your home campus, identified by large signs. There you will receive directions
for the ceremony.
- All guests should enter through the NORTH entrance, which is handicap accessible.
Doors will open at 12:30 pm. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- At graduation, you will receive a diploma cover. Your official diploma will be mailed
to the address on file within 90 days after the semester of degree completion.
- All students are encouraged to attend Commencement. The ceremony will last approximately
two hours – you should be out of the Palace by 4:30 pm at the latest. PLEASE plan on remaining for the entire program to honor your fellow graduates.
- Students are not allowed to use cellular phones or pagers during the ceremony.
BACK TO TOP
- You will not need tickets for your guests, and you are welcome to ask as many people
as you wish. To help your guests determine their seating: if your last name begins
with the letters "A" through "K", you will be seated facing left of the stage; if
your last name begins with the letters "L" through "Z", you will be seated facing
right of the stage.
- Guests must enter at the NORTH entrance of The Palace, and will not be allowed to
enter the loading dock area at the South entrance.
- Please ask your guests to remain at their seats until all graduates have exited the
floor of The Palace.
- In consideration of the graduates and the guests around them, please ask your guests
to turn off their cellular phones and pagers during the ceremony.
BACK TO TOP
ACCESS/Disability Assistance Accommodations and Services
available at the Commencement Ceremony
- Students, or their guests, who may need special assistance at the ceremony must notify
ACCESS for assistance at least two weeks prior to the ceremony.
- Wheelchairs and assistants will be on hand at the North entrance of The Palace. An
accessible seating area in section 120 is available for guests. One person may accompany
each wheelchair guest. Other family and/or friends may be seated in the rows directly
in front of the wheelchair accessible area.
- Sign Language interpreters will be located at the right of the stage, from the audience
perspective. Section 112 will be made available for those who require this service.
BACK TO TOP