- Apply for Graduation in the counseling office by April 15 in order to have your name
listed in the Commencement Program.
- Students may continue to apply for graduation and participate in the ceremony until
Friday, May 13.
- Caps, gowns and tassels should be purchased at your home campus bookstore April 1 through May 13, at a cost of $37.95. Honors cords will be available at a cost of $11.00. Separate
pieces (cap, gown, tassel) may also be purchased. Caps and gowns will NOT be available on the day of commencement. Students may not
march ungowned. Please dress appropriately for the occasion. (Shorts are not recommended).
- Commencement gowns are hunter green in color. No other gown colors are allowed, including pearl-gray from previous years.
- Announcements may be purchased ($6.50 per five or $1.49 for one) at each campus bookstore
beginning in April.
- Allowable gown adornments include Phi Theta Kappa stoles and/or honors cords only.
- Graduates should NOT bring purses, flowers, cameras, etc. to the loading dock area.
There is no secure storage area available, and you will not be allowed to carry any
items with you.
- Children will not be allowed to sit with or walk across the stage with graduates.
Please make arrangements for their care during the ceremony.
- Please arrive no later than 1:15 pm. Enter off Lapeer Road/M24; follow the road signs
to the Palace. (See area map) Late arrivals are not guaranteed participation in the ceremony. Remember to allow time for construction traffic and Commencement traffic.
- Graduates ONLY should proceed to the loading dock area (South Entrance) of the Palace
and locate your home campus, identified by large signs. There you will receive directions
for the ceremony.
- All guests should enter through the NORTH entrance, which is handicap accessible.
Doors will open at 12:30 pm. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- At graduation, you will receive a diploma cover. Your official diploma will be mailed
to the address on file within 90 days after the semester of degree completion.
- All students are encouraged to attend Commencement. The ceremony will last approximately
two hours – you should be out of the Palace by 4:30 pm at the latest. PLEASE plan on remaining for the entire program to honor your fellow graduates.
- Students are not allowed to use cellular phones or pagers during the ceremony.
|The list items.