Employer advantages to hiring an OCC Co-Op/Intern:
- Saves time and money in recruiting costs because the college provides a free referral service for qualified applicants.
- Provides the opportunity to hire potential permanent employees through early identification of top co-ops/interns.
- Permits better utilization of existing personnel.
- Fills a temporary need for employees.
- Provides support for special projects during peak periods.
- Enhances the organization’s image and influence in the college community
- Stimulates new ideas in an organization and allows employees to stay current on developments in the academic world.
- Advertises employment opportunities by providing broad exposure to student populations.
- Helps increase opportunities to meet EEO guidelines.
Note to Employers
The Placement Services and Cooperative Education Department of Oakland Community College is proud to announce (effective April 2nd, 2014) an upgrade to our job posting board and the availability of students’ resumes for co-op and
internship opportunities. Powered by College Central Network (CNN) the new service allows employers to post co-op and internship opportunities and to review students' resumes.
To participate visit: www.collegecentral.com/oaklandcc and select the "Employer icon tab" to create an account. Once your registration is received, the program
coordinator will review and approve your job posting. Upon approval, you will be able to upload your current job postings which will be viewed by students who are registered with the college’s Internship & Cooperative
1 Students who are registered with the Internship & Cooperative Education Program are required to have completed specific academic classes for their chosen majors and must also have earned specific grade point averages that have
been established by faculty within certain academic departments.
List of Participating Academic Majors and to contact the Program Coordinator.
Fact Sheet#71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act