Verification of Records
A Records Office is located at every OCC campus. Office hours are Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., and Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. At certain key times in the
semester, extra services will be available. (248) 341-2200
The Records Office is available to assist students with issues relating to the student's academic file. This office is also responsible for changes to a student's file, special
refunds, and verification and release of student record information.
The Federal Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 was established to protect the privacy of student educational records. Oakland Community College supports the tenets
of this legislation.
The College, under (FERPA) , may disclose student information for educational verification to third parties** if we are given:
- Written consent from the student in the form of a Release Form which specifies educational institution
- The items requested for verification from our records
- The name of the third-party organization and, if applicable, contact name
- The address or fax number of the recipient, depending on how you want the information sent
Requests may be by either of two methods:
1. Fax to (248) 341-2199, Attention Records Certification
2. Mail your request to:
Oakland Community College
Attention: Records Department
George A. Bee Administration Center
2480 Opdyke Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304-2266
Phone: (248) 341-2190
Allow 3 business days for processing.
** Third [party] is described as an individual (other than the student), agency, institution, or organization.