Cost & Financial Aid
Oakland Community College maintains a low tuition rate –typically one-quarter to one-half the cost of similar public or private higher education institutions -- with support from the state of Michigan and Oakland County. Tuition is based on the number of credit hours taken times the cost per credit hour, and differs for in-county residents, state residents and out-of-state residents. In addition to tuition and fees, each student is expected to purchase their textbooks and supplies. OCC also provides financial aid and scholarships for eligible students.
OCC offers low tuition rates while still providing the same high-quality education available at other colleges and universities. The affordability of an OCC education is apparent when compared with the tuition costs at other metro Detroit schools over a two-year period.
Financial Aid Announcements
- Summer 2016 Financial Aid Application
- Grace Counseling Outreach and Default Prevention Outreach
- NEW: Direct Loan Changes
- Financial Aid Priority Dates
- Understanding Financial Assistance and Scholarships
- Book Voucher Deadline Dates
- 2016-2017 Financial Aid What you need to know
- 2016-2017 IRS Transcript Request
Please note: Guest students are not eligible for financial aid