OCC Foundation Giving Guide
There are established funds at OCC created by a person, family or group to help students in particular programs, or to help students in general. Your additional gifts of any size can help keep these funds active and growing, making it possible for more awards to be
Named Scholarship Opportunities
- With a gift of $1,000 or more, you can create a named, annual (one-year) scholarship. You choose what will be covered by the award (such as tuition or books) and select criteria to be used in awarding recipients.
- With gifts of $10,000 or more, you have the above choices, however, the scholarship will be endowed, meaning it will continue in perpetuity. Scholarship awards will be made each academic year based on the investment income earned in the previous calendar year.
Making a Gift to the Foundation
There are many ways to make an impact with a gift to the OCC Foundation.
- Annual Gifts
These are gifts made on a regular basis and form the backbone of all private support for the college, and may be designated for specific programs or services.
- Tributes and Memorials
Honoring a loved one, friend, colleague, company or organization by making a gift to OCC Foundation is meaningful to the honoree as well as to our students.
- Endowed Gifts
Endowing a fund provides perpetual, lasting support for scholarships, book funds, academic programs or buildings and equipment funds. Contact us for information about how you can build an endowment fund over time.
- Planned Gifts
Naming OCC Foundation as one of your beneficiaries in a will, insurance policy, retirement fund or through a charitable gift annuity will leave your mark and is a testament to your commitment to OCC and to higher education.
- Matching Gifts
Your gift could be doubled or even tripled if your employer supports its employees’ philanthropy.
Every dollar you give to the OCC Foundation is fully tax-deductible. 100% of your gift goes directly to the program or fund you designate. You may choose to support one or more programs with a single gift, or with several payments over time.
The OCC Foundation accepts:
- Checks - Make payable to the OCC Foundation.
- Credit cards - MasterCard, Visa, DiscoverCard and American Express.
- Online gifts - Via PayPal at www.oaklandcc.edu/foundation (PayPal does charge a fee).
- Automatic Online Bill Pay - Set up OCC Foundation as a new payee through your own bank or credit union.
- Payroll Deduction - for OCC employees.
- Beneficiary terms - Consider including beneficiary designations in wills, insurance policies, retirement funds, etc.
Contact the OCC Foundation for general information; and we strongly recommend you contact your financial advisor or attorney for professional advice.
For more information on any of these options, contact us at 248.341.2137 or email@example.com .