- One-year certificate in massage therapy
- Over 700 contact hours with approximately 360 hands-on hours
- Science/Medically-based curriculum
- Transferable college credits
- Day and Evening Programs available
- Access this link for the Master Schedule for the major and required supportive courses
- Two-year Associate in Applied Science Degree with a certificate in massage therapy
- This program holds the same specifications as above along with the general education and recommended courses to complete degree requirements
- Review the College Catalog for more information about courses, program requirements and degree requirements.
- The Highland Lakes Campus houses an on-site massage therapy clinic where students gain experience working with clientele from the surrounding communities.
- Students perform all necessary tasks representative of everyday massage therapy practices including client consultations, structural assessments, one hour massage sessions and all necessary client documentations (soaping). This
practice well-prepares the student for employment upon completion of their program.
- Students gain experience and understanding working with a diverse clientele at a number of required events and site visits. Students work with elite athletes, elderly populations, corporate employees and clientele with chronic health
To find out more about Massage Therapy at OCC, call 248.341.2229
Visit the OCC Catalog for more details and course requirements.