All information sessions are approximately two hours long. They will be held
in room A214. Seating is limited and based on first come. Please contact the Department Secretary at 248.233.2916 to reserve your seat.
Monday, September 9, 2013 at 4:00PM
Monday, March 10, 2014 at 4:00PM
Monday, May 5, 2014 at 4:00PM
Surgical Technology is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare and OCC is leading the way in training programs.
What exactly does a Surgical Technologist DO?
The Surgical Technologist has multiple duties and responsibilities during the pre-operative, surgical and post-operative phases. Assigned tasks may include:
- Prepares the OR with appropriate supplies and instruments
- Sets up and tests equipment
- Ensures a sterile environment
- Assists with gowning and gloving
- Maintains the sterile field
- Provides sterile instruments to the surgeon
- Assists with sponging, suctioning
- Prepares suture material
- Prepares specimens for pathology
- Keeps written account of surgical procedure
- Applies dressings
- Cleans and accounts for instruments
For more information on accreditation, please visit