Respiratory Therapy graduates work as members of the health care team, typically under the direction of a physician. Therapists have many opportunities available, such as:
- Median National pay typically exceeds $55,000/yr.
- Wide selection of employment opportunities in Michigan and nationally.
- On the forefront of medical / technological advancements.
- Career advancement into management, education, technical specialists, or advanced medical training.
- Working independently in a rewarding profession.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook handbook (2016) projects "it is expected to grow 15 percent or higher from 2016 to 2026, much faster than average for all occupations."