Respiratory Therapy graduates work as members of the health care team, typically under the direction of a physician. Therapists have many opportunities available, such as:
- Median National pay typically exceeds $55,000/yr.
- Wide selection of employment opportunities in Michigan and nationally.
- On the forefront of medical / technological advancements.
- Career advancement into management, education, technical specialists, or advanced medical training.
- Working independently in a rewarding profession.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook handbook (2008-09) projects "it is expected to grow 19 percent from 2006 to 2016, faster than average for all occupations."