Plagiarism Protection Links
- "Defining and Avoiding Plagiarism: the WPA Statement on Best Practices." Council of Writing Program Administrators. Jan 2003. Web. 30 Sept. 2010.
- Contents: The causes of plagiarism; responsibilities of students, teachers, and administrators; best practices for designing assignments and policies to prevent plagiarism.
- Garber, Fina, Synder, Nancy, and Chester-Fangman, Christina. "Teaching Students How to Avoid Plagiarism: Success Strategies." 26th Annual Conference of The First-Year Experience, Austin Peay State U. 2007. Web. 30 Sept. 2010.
- Contents: Plagiarism discussion has real world examples and exercises for students. Includes excellent bibliography.
- Hexham, Irving. "The Plague of Plagiarism: Academic Plagiarism Defined." 2005. Department of Religious Studies, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 2005. Web. 30 Sept. 2010.
- Contents: A discussion of the types of academic plagiarism and how to recognize them.
- Jenkins, Rob. "Towards a Rational Response to Plagiarism." Chronicle of Higher Education. 14 Aug 2011. Web. 16 Aug 2011.
- Contents: A practical approach to plagiarism. Use your OCC Online Services ID and PW if requested.
- "Plagiarism: What It Is and How to Recognize and Avoid It." Writing Tutorial Services, Indiana University, Bloomington. 27 Apr. 2004. Web. 30 Sept. 2010.
- Contents: Good site to share with students, gives examples of plagiarism and how to improve your writing to avoid it.
- "Plagiarism.org." Plagiarism.org. n.d. Web. 30 Sept. 2010.
- Contents: Educational resources from the plagiarism checker software Turn it in.
Updated September 30, 2010 by Ann Walaskay