To help you prepare for the ‘official’ COMPASS test, this practice test is provided. You can do this on your own at any time, as often as you wish, just for fun!
Please note, this practice test is different from the COMPASS test in the following ways:
- Questions are multiple choice on the COMPASS test, but not on the practice test.
- You may work with pencil and paper to solve each question, but the answers on the official COMPASS test are entered into the computer.
- A description is provided above every practice test question so you can get help, if needed. The actual COMPASS test will not identify topics.
- Access to a basic scientific calculator will be provided during the official COMPASS exam.
TIPS for the practice test:
- Don’t worry about questions that are unfamiliar to you. Accurate placement requires finding out what you know and what you don't know.
- Pay attention to the questions you get wrong on the practice test. If you feel you should know these answers, you may want to review these topics.
- See the section in the right margin 'Where to get additional help'.
The practice test covers topics in roughly the following order: Algebra, Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, and
Click the Practice Test button to download or print a copy of the Math Practice Test in Microsoft Word format. Complete the test then click the Answers
button to see how you did. Best of luck!
For more information regarding math classes, click to the Mathematics Home page.