How can you become a Phi Theta Kappa member?
- Must have a Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher at Oakland Community College
- Must have 12 completed semester hours at Oakland Community College
Why become a Phi Theta Kappa member?
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor society will open new doors for your academic journey. Phi Theta Kappa, unlike most honor societies, offers
much more than a plain certificate of membership. The organization offers a fantastic array of opportunities for scholarships, intellectual
enrichment and personal development through programs based on Phi Theta Kappa's four hallmarks of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and
Phi Theta Kappa Membership Brings Tangible Benefits.
- The Golden Key membership pin and certificate is sent to all new inductees to reward your academic achievement and scholastic excellence.
- The Phi Theta Kappa Stamp can be placed on any transcript you send to other institutions. This serves as endorsement of your academic achievement.
- Recognition at Honor’s Day and graduation.
- The privilege to wear the golden, monogrammed Honors Stole and Honors Tassel at graduation commencement recognizes your superior scholastic achievement.
- The gold seal of Phi Theta Kappa for your community college diploma confirms your international honor society membership.
- On-line updates are sent regularly to chapter and regional officers who supply their e-mail addresses to Headquarters, in the form of golden key news briefs. Phi Theta Kappa
members are automatically enrolled in CollegeFish.org, a highly interactive website aimed at facilitating college transfer and career