The Raider One Card is a single card with the following uses:
- Raider One ID Card - serves as your official College ID
- Library Services - used for borrowing privileges from local and state resources
- Raider One iROC Cash - used for print/copy services, Raiders Store and café purchases
- Enhanced Debit Raider One Card (U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard feature) - choose to activate and receive your financial aid refunds
For more information about the Raider One Card, please click here.
All students are required to have a Raider One Card, as it is your official college identification, library services, and print/copy card.
No. The Raider One Card is used to identify you as an OCC student.
There are three ways to receive a refund from the College:
- Register your Enhanced Raider One Card (U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard feature) and receive your money the same day the refunds are processed. You must register your card with the bank at least five days prior to the refund date.
- Receive your refund via direct deposit to your own bank account. Login to Online Services and click on E-Check Direct Deposit FAQs for additional information.
- Receive a check from the College that will be sent via U.S. Mail to the address currently on file. You can expect to receive your check within 5-7 business days of it being processed.
Note: If you choose to activate your Raider One Card (U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard feature), we suggest that activation occurs at least 5 days before a scheduled disbursement date.
No, a social security number is not required to obtain the Raider One Card.
Formally known as “MultiPlan”, iROC Cash is a cashless way to make purchases on campus. Add money to your iROC Cash account (green stripe) and use it on campus in pay for print areas, Raiders Stores, and campus cafés. Please click
There are three ways to add funds to your iROC Cash Account:
- At a kiosk machine located in all OCC libraries.
- Online with a credit or debit card. Click here to add money to your account, review your balance or transaction history.
- Visiting a Raiders Store to transfer Financial Aid funds to your iROC Cash account. The requested amount will be available within 48 hours.
You can check the balance of your iROC Cash Account in two ways:
- At a kiosk machine located in all OCC libraries.
- Click here to review your balance or transaction history online.
There is no fee to have, or use the Raider One Card. There is a $10 fee if the card should ever need to be replaced.
If you do not choose to activate the U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard feature, your refund will continue to be deposited to your current bank account within 1 to 3 days after disbursement.
Online Services sends email notifications to students stating when their refunds have been disbursed.
If you are wondering when or how your financial aid refund is being disbursed, information on OCC’s Online Services webpage can assist you. Follow the directions below:
- Go to Online Services, login using your user name and password, and go to the Financial Aid section. Click on Financial Aid Award Letter to review your award for the current term.
- Click on the Financial Profile section in Online Services and click on Bank Information to review your electronic deposit entries for either Raider One Card or your personal bank.
If you have questions, please contact Financial Services at 248-341-2000.
There are three ways to receive a Raider One Card:
- If you have a recent photo of yourself, you can submit it online and receive your Raider One Card in the mail! Please click here for photo requirements and upload procedures.
- Visit the Raiders Store to take a photo for your Raider One Card. Pickup your card within 5-7 business days at your campus Business Office.
- Visit the Raider One Card Mobile Unit on campus issuing cards at special events. Click here to view the calendar. Also, posters/flyers will be posted on campus with upcoming dates and
Note: Government issued photo I.D. (driver's license, state identification card, or passport) is required to obtain a card.
For on-line photo submission, an OCC user name and password is required to login and begin the process.
At the Raiders Store or Raider One Card Mobile Unit to take a photo for your Raider One Card, you must present government issued photo I.D., such as a driver’s license, state identification card, or a passport, and have your OCC student
No, The Raider One Card Office is unable to check the balance on your Enhanced Raider One Card (U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard) feature.
There is a US Bank ATM located on each OCC campus. With the activated Enhanced Debit Raider One Card (U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard feature) you may withdraw cash for free at any domestic
U.S. Bank and MoneyPass® ATMs.
The Raider One Card policy states that we mail the card to the current address that is on file with Oakland Community College. If that address is no longer valid, you must to go to Enrollment Services on any campus, with current identification
to update your school records. After you update your mailing address, contact the Raider One Card office at 248-232-4400 to confirm with us your new address.
To get a replacement Raider One Card, you will need to fill out a Card Replacement Form at any campus Business Office Cashier and remit the $10 replacement fee. Select the option to receive your card at your campus Business Office
or have it mailed to the address on record within 7-10 business days.
In an emergency, replacement cards can be mailed for next day delivery for a fee of $30. When these requests are processed before 1:00 pm, they will be mailed out the same day. After 1:00 pm, they will be mailed out the next
If your Raider One Card has been lost or stolen, click here
to suspend your iROC Cash account immediately. If you have activated the U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard
feature, contact U.S. Bank at 855-613-9098 to report the card lost or stolen. To obtain a new card, visit any campus Business Office Cashier to remit the $10 card replacement fee, and it will be mailed to the address on file with the college
within 7-10 business days. Follow the instructions enclosed with your replacement card.
Replacement cards due to a legal name change that is reflected on your current government issued I.D. card, or any damage due to normal wear and tear, must be presented and forfeited to any campus Business Office in order for the card to
be replaced at no cost to the cardholder. If the person is unable to present the card, it is considered lost, and the replacement fee of $10 will apply. Card office staff cannot process name changes on the student’s record. Name
and address changes or corrections must be submitted to Enrollment Services. Upon completing a name change request, students should wait at least 24 hours before requesting a Raider One Card reprint.
You can transfer money from your U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard account to your iROC Cash account just as you would any other debit/credit transaction. Click
to log into your iROC Cash account. Follow the indicators on the site.
Note: Funds cannot be transferred from OC Cash to the U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard account.
Students must visit any campus Business Office and present photo I.D. to discuss financial details.
Yes. Go to the Raiders Store and fill out an iROC Cash Transfer Request Form before the financial aid cut-off date. Within 48 hours, your funds will be available in your iROC Cash account. There is a $350 limit on these
Auburn Hills: 248-232-4330
Highland Lakes: 248-942-3040
Orchard Ridge: 248-522-3440
Royal Oak: 248-246-2440
Yes! Follow the same instructions for students.
For more information and a complete list of Frequently Asked Questions (like the ones below) regarding the U.S. Bank Prepaid feature Debit MasterCard feature click
Is this a credit card?
How can I access the money on my Enhanced Debit Raider One Card (U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard feature)?
How do I add money to my Enhanced Debit Raider One Card (U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard feature)?
How do I find my account number and routing number?
I don't have/don't know my PIN number. What should I do?