OCC Audit Committee
OCC Seeks Community Members for Audit Committee
The Oakland Community College Board of Trustees is seeking a community volunteer to serve on the Board's Audit Committee. OCC is Michigan’s largest community college and the 25th largest in the nation. OCC's budget for fiscal year 2014-2015 is approximately $157 million.
The Audit Committee is composed of three OCC Trustees and four community members. Duties include:
- Developing and periodically reviewing audit-related policies for approval by the Board of Trustees;
- Reviewing the audit plans for the coming year and discusses with the external audit firm;
- Meeting with the audit firm to review the audited financial statements and the audit report on federal awards received as required by federal law or regulation, including OMB Circular A-133;
- Addressing any issues identified in the required communications and management letter;
- Reviewing the performance of the auditors annually, ensuring continued independence;
- Reviewing with management and the external auditor the internal control process and the risk management and mitigation process;
- Reporting the results of the audit and providing recommendations based on the findings to the Board of Trustees for approval;
- Reviewing the College’s whistleblower policies and procedures for appropriateness and effectiveness;
Community Audit Committee candidates must reside or work in Oakland County and submit an application form. Upon appointment by the OCC Board, community volunteers will serve a two-year term.
Applications to serve on the Audit Committee may be obtained and completed online by accessing the link located here.