Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 6:00 pm
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Oakland Community College - Veterans Affairs Office is located in the Administration and Student Services Building (Building B), on the second floor in Room B-227 at the Auburn Hills campus.
This location serves the entire OCC community; to assist veterans in utilizing educational benefits as well to support student veterans in the fulfilling of their educational goals at ALL OCC
- Education opportunities in multiple fields including Nursing, Police & Fire Academy, Trades, Culinary Arts, Computer Support and the ability to continue on to a four year institution via
- Highly trained academic advisors to guide you during your academic career and help prepare you for your post OCC objectives.
- Internship and Cooperative Education programs with business, industry and governmental organizations throughout the Detroit metropolitan area and the State of Michigan.
- Tutoring resources on every campus available at no charge to the student.
- Flexibility to attend classes at any of the conveniently located campuses throughout Oakland County.
OCC's Six Veterans Chapters
- Funds are attached to the veteran – not the institution. The Veterans Administration (VA) approves academic programs - most OCC programs are approved for enrollment.
The following are the six veterans' educational benefits plans that OCC participates in.
- If you served on active duty AND were discharged before September 10, 2001, choose this plan:
- If you served on active duty after September 10, 2001, choose this plan:
- If you served or are you currently serving as a reservist, choose this plan: Chapter 1606.
- If you are a reservist who has served on active duty, choose this plan: Chapter 1607.
- If you are the surviving spouse or a dependent of a veteran, choose this plan:
- If you have a service-related disability, choose this plan: Chapter 31.