Placement Testing J-250
- The OR Testing Center administers placement tests.
- OCC has implemented placement testing for English, Math, English as a Second Language (ESL) and BIO 1570 & BIO 2630 courses.
- Placement in the appropriate course level will enhance student success and save students time and resources.
- An admissions application must be submitted and processed prior to testing.
- Placement testing is by appointment only. Your OCC student number is required to make an appointment.
- Phone number: (248) 522-3484.
- Driver's license, passport or picture I.D. must be presented.
COMPASS ENGLISH and MATH
- COMPASS assesses reading, writing, and math skills to determine appropriate placement into English and math courses.
- This test is for all American-born students who speak English as their first language.
- Practice Tests:
- MTELP assesses grammar, vocabulary and reading comprehension skills of non-native speakers of English, and foreign-born students who speak a non-American dialect of English.
- MTELP is a test of standard English and does not contain American idioms and culturally-specific references.
Biology Proficiency Test
- Biology Proficiency Test assesses knowledge of introductory biology to determine if a student is ready to enroll in BIO 1570 (Microbiology of Health and Disease) or BIO 2630 (Anatomy and Physiology I).
- Students who do not receive 70% or higher on the test will need to take BIO 1511 (Life Science) or BIO 1530 (Introductory Biology: Molecular and Cellular) before enrolling in BIO 1570 and BIO 2630.