Academic Support Center
Orchard Ridge Campus
The Academic Support Center offers tutoring to students in many subject areas. Mathematics tutoring is offered on a walk-in basis in the math lab located in A-202 and by appointment in the Academic Support Center. Other subject areas are by appointment . The Open Writing Lab (OWL) is available on a walk-in basis. Please call the number above for availability of tutors and/or see the schedules below.
How should I prepare for tutoring?
- Write down questions before arriving
- Read all assigned readings
- Write drafts of essays
- Attempt homework
- Bring textbooks, syllabi, tests, notes, papers, assignments, calculator, etc.
What can I expect?
- 30 minute individual tutoring appointment
- Friendly and helpful tutors to work with you
- Tutors will ask questions and make suggestions
What shouldn’t I expect?
- Tutors to substitute as your instructor when you have missed class
- Tutors to do your work