What is the MTELP?
- The test lasts 90 minutes and there are 100 questions.
- The grammar, vocabulary and reading (GVR) consists of the following:
- 40 conversational grammar items
- 40 vocabulary items
- 20 reading comprehension items
- The reading comprehension section contains 4 texts of between 400 and 600 words with 5 multiple choice questions each.
- An admissions application must be submitted and processed prior to testing.
- Placement testing is by appointment only. Your OCC ID number is required for appointment.
- Phone number: 248-522-3484
- Driver's license, passport or picture I.D. must be presented.
- Arrive 15 minutes early at room J-250.
- Tests last approximately 2.5 hours.
Call 248-522-3484 to verify times and test availability