Biology Proficiency Test
What is the Biology Proficiency Test
The Biology Proficiency Test is used to determine if students
have sufficient background in introductory biology to enroll in BIO
1570 (Microbiology of Health and Disease) and BIO 2630 (Anatomy and
Physiology I.) This test is designed for students who have not
completed college-level introductory biology or not completed it
within the last five years.
Use the link below to see a detailed description of who should take this test.
What should I know about the Biology Proficiency Test last?
- The test is in a multiple choice computerized format.
- There are 60 questions and you will have 60 minutes.
- A list of topics covered and practice questions are available at the links below.
- Admissions application must be submitted and processed prior to testing.
- The Biology Proficiency Test is by appointment only. Your OCC student number is required to make an appointment.
- Phone number: 248-522-3484
- Driver's license, passport or picture I.D. must be presented at time of testing.
- Testing takes approximately 1.5 hours.