Short-term training programs are designed for participants to receive all of the necessary training in six months or less that will prepare them for employment.
Prepare for a High-Paying Career in Robotics in Just 14 Weeks
*Qualified Candidates Receive Free Training at OCC*
Unemployed or underemployed persons interested in pursuing a new career in the robotics
industry can apply for a spot in an upcoming training program at Oakland Community
College for programmable logic controller (PLC) and robotics technicians, both of
which are in high demand across southeast Michigan.
• 14-week training program at OCC Robotics Lab in Auburn Hills
• 80% of graduates working full-time in the field
• Starting pay ranges from $19-$25 per hour, with experienced PLC and robotics technicians earning up to $35 per hour
• Federal and state grants cover the program’s $7,000 tuition for eligible participants, who must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• The next training program begins November 15, 2021.
The program is administered by Oakland County Michigan Works! in partnership with OCC and the Workforce Intelligence Network for Southeast Michigan.
To learn more about this program, register for one of the upcoming OCC Virtual Information Sessions
Contact Kristen Charlton with any questions.