Complaints or Suggestions

At OCC, your input is important!

We are committed to providing excellent service and improving your experience. If we have not met your expectations, please complete the appropriate form below.  An OCC representative will review your concern and determine the action to be taken. You will be contacted with information regarding how your complaint / suggestion has been addressed.

General Complaints or Suggestions

For Students, Parents/Guardians, Community Members, or OCC Employees 

Use this form if you:

  • Are dissatisfied with the services provided by a college staff member or office
  • Want to tell us how we can better serve or support you
  • Have a concern or suggestion about issues related to:  campus facilities, college policies, customer service, technology, website or other non-academic concerns

NOTE:  Instructional Concerns related to any academic matter may be reported using the Instructional Concern form.



Financial Aid Concerns

For Students

Use this form if you:

  • Have concerns or suggestions specifically related to Financial Aid facilities, policies, customer service, technology, website content/navigation or other Student Financial Resources and Scholarships issues. 

NOTE:  This form should not be used for general financial aid inquiries such as processing status, student refunds, scholarships opportunities, etc.

Financial Aid Concern Form

Instructional Concerns

For Students

Use this form if you:

  • Have concerns involving specific programs, courses, sections or instructors / staff

Examples include:  Communication with instructor / staff, Course material or content and Instructional delivery

IMPORTANT:  Academic or course related concerns should always be discussed with your instructor first. Concerns submitted here may be forwarded to the faculty member, the department chair, the academic dean/associate academic dean and/or the Provost for review.  

NOTE:  This form should not be used for disputing or appealing a final grade in a class.  Grade appeals must be submitted using the Academic Appeals Policy / Grade Appeal Process.

Instructional Concerns

Accreditation Complaints

As required by the Department of Education as of October 29, 2010 regulations (34 C.F.R. 668.43), the following information is provided for complaints that are unresolved after addressing them at the College as described above. The Higher Learning Commission will take complaints related to general practices that may affect accreditation. To get more specific information, contact the HLC at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 or visit Higher Learning Commission.

Consumer Protection Complaints

Oakland Community College must make consumer information available to current and prospective students. Consumer Information and Disclosures regarding the institution are available for review on the College website at: Consumer Information

If you have an unresolved complaint that is a consumer protection issue, contact the Attorney General at the Consumer Protection Division, P.O. Box 30213, Lansing, MI 48909-7713 or visit State of Michigan's Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA).

The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs' Corporations, Security & Commercial Licensing Bureau is the agency designated to review complaints against institutions of higher education providing distance education. Complaints concerning OCC's distance education activities regulated by Michigan's Higher Education Authorization and Distance Education Reciprocal Exchange Act (2015 PA 45) may be directed to the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau, P.O. Box 30018, Lansing, MI 48909 through the Post-Secondary Student Complaint process.

Students who do not reside in Michigan may contact the authority in their home state, which may be found on the website of the State Higher Education Executive Officers Association.

If the unresolved complaint involves an active duty service member or veteran of the U.S. military, contact the Military OneSource Postsecondary Education Complaint System.