911 Dispatch Academy
- Attend an Academy orientation
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Have no prior felony convictions
- Have a legal right to work in the US
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Possess normal hearing, vision, color vision, with or without corrective lenses or hearing aids.
- Complete typing text (recommended minimum net speed of 35 wpm)
- Interview (must bring copy of State Drivers Record and State Criminal History Record Check).
- Participate in a "sit-a-long" at a local 911 center arranged by our academy.
The 911 Dispatch Academy has been approved by the Michigan 911 State Committee (SNC).
SNC approval # OCC201308A