- (ACT 1500) Accounting for the Small Business Owner
Article I | Agreement on Principle
Oakland Community College ("OCC") and Novi School District (“the district”) agree that students who enroll in state approved Career and Technical Education (CTE) curriculum and who choose to attend OCC should be provided with a smooth transition to post-secondary education that minimizes loss of credit and duplication of coursework. Therefore, OCC and all of the above named school districts agree to enter into this Articulation Agreement ("Agreement") as cooperating, equal partners who shall maintain the integrity of their separate programs.
Article II | Agreement on Program Specifics
OCC and Novi School District agree that any student who has satisfied the requirements outlined in this Agreement are eligible to receive the specified number of course credits which may be applied towards the OCC programs listed in Article VI. Students using this Agreement must follow the procedures specified in Article VII and meet all other OCC admissions requirements in order to be eligible to receive articulated credit. Articulated courses are treated as transfer courses and will not affect the student's GPA at OCC.
Article Ill | Agreement on Communication
OCC and Novi School District agree to cooperate in communicating with each other and with their common and respective publics concerning the established relationship outlined in this Agreement. Communication may include various hard copy and electronic publications to inform those who might benefit personally or professionally from the opportunities provided by this Agreement. Both parties will share the information in this Agreement with interested and qualified students, their parents/guardians as well as appropriate school district and college personnel.
Article IV | Maintenance and Review Procedures
At least one representative from each organization will be appointed to act as agent for the implementation of this Agreement, to speak for the organization and to communicate changes to respective faculty members, advisors, counselors, and others to whom the information is pertinent. Responsibility for oversight of this Agreement rests with the Director of Secondary Partnerships at OCC and the CTE Director of the Novi School District or their designees. Both parties agree to communicate annually any changes in their respective programs that may affect this Agreement.
Article V | Responsibility of School District
Throughout the duration of this Agreement, the district agrees to provide OCC:
- All changes to the class name(s), class number(s) and CIP code(s) for the CTE program(s) covered under this Agreement.
- Written notification of changes to program content and/or instruction as it aligns with the State of Michigan CTE curriculum.
- Written notification of loss of state funding or decertification for any program covered under this Agreement.
- The student's final grade for the high school CTE program covered under this Agreement as reported on their high school transcript.
- The names and contact information (work e-mail, phone number and mailing address) of individuals who teach the specified articulated curriculum as well as counselors at the facilities where the classes are located.
- If requested, proof that instructors listed as teaching the articulated classes listed in Article VI are highly qualified and have a valid Michigan Teacher Certification at the secondary level with both appropriate subject matter and CTE endorsements.
- Notification of a change in instructor teaching an articulated class covered under this Agreement. Failure to provide any of the above information could result in the termination of this Agreement
Failure to provide any of the above information could result in the termination of this Agreement.
Article VI | Curriculum Alignment
|OCC Course Name||OCC Course||OCC Credits||CIP||State of Michigan CTE Program||District CTE Class Name(s)|
|ACC1500||3||52.0800||Finance Consolidated||Accounting I|
State Approved Segments:
- Career Preparation and Employability
- Engineering Technology and Safety
- 2D Drawing/CAD
- Geometric Construction
- Orthographic Projection
- 3D/Parametric Modeling
- Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Supplemental Views
- Engineering Drawings
- Manufacturing Process
- Engineering Design Concepts
- Research and Development Applications
Department of Education, Career and Technical Education is available for review. Articulated credit is intended to be used toward the attainment of a degree or certificate at OCC. Students should consult an OCC counselor to discuss degree and certificate requirements and the application of articulation credit. Additional information is located on OCC's website.
NOTE: OCC reserves the right to deactivate any course or program at any time. In the event of such deactivation, OCC shall provide timely written notice to the district representative and will post public notice on the articulation website (https://www.oaklandcc.edu/Articulation/Default.aspx).
Article VII | Student Guidelines and Procedures
Students pursuing articulated credit at OCC must comply with the following conditions:
- Receive a grade of B (3.0) or better in the high school CTE program covered under this Agreement.
- Completed and graduated from high school.
- Request articulated credit within two (2) years of completing the high school CTE course(s) covered under this Agreement.
Procedures to apply for credit:
- Request articulated credit on-line at oaklandcc.edu/cte-credit/data/requestform.aspx.
- Verify high school CTE program completion with submission of official high school
OCC via Parchment.
#Must apply for OCC course credit within 24 months after the completion of high school CTE class.
Article VIIII | Termination of Agreement
This Agreement is in effect from September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2022. If this Agreement is not renewed at the end of the effective period, students who already started the secondary CTE program will be given two (2) additional years to be admitted to OCC under the terms of this Agreement.
In the event this Agreement is terminated for whatever reason, it shall terminate immediately. OCC will provide timely written notification of the termination to the district contact named in Article IV. Students who have not completed the entire procedure of requesting credit before the termination date of this Agreement will not be granted credit.