OAKLAND COUNTY, Michigan – If you like amazing food, prepared with skill and dedication, you're in for a treat this season. Oakland Community College's (OCC) award-winning Culinary Studies Institute continues its lineup of events open to the community. Join the College's aspiring chefs for an incredible dining experience and enjoy the best in food and service. Events and dining are at OCC's Orchard Ridge Campus, 27055 Orchard Lake Road, Farmington Hills. More information visit the Culinary website.
Special Event Dinners
- Chinese New Year Festival, February 22, 2018, 6:00p.m.: Celebrate the auspicious Year of the Dog with a festive five-course dinner of traditional Chinese cuisine accompanied by wine service. Price is $55 per person. Signature drinks available for purchase.
- Espionage Spy vs. Spy, April 19, 2018, 6:00p.m.: You are under specific instructions to enjoy a five-course dinner accompanied by a secret wine selection revealed to you at the appropriate time. Come dressed to kill and join us for a cocktail, wine or beer at our cash bar with passed appetizers as you assume your secret agent identity. Price is $55 per person. Signature drinks for purchase.
Lunch and Dinner Buffets
- Valentine's Grand Lunch Buffet, February 1, 11:15a.m. – 1:00p.m.: You and your sweethearts will be treated to a special menu featuring appetizers, salads, fish seafood poultry and beef entrées, starches and vegetables and a decadent dessert table. Price is $12/person and may be purchased at the event.
- St. Patrick's Evening Buffet, March 15, 2018, 5:30p.m. - 8:00p.m.: Celebrate the luck of the Irish with a wee bit of malarkey and lots of good cheer with your family, club or corporate gathering. Price is $25 per person; cash bar is available. Paid reservation required.
- High Tea in Reflections Feb. 8 and April 5, 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: A full lunch is included and ladies are encouraged to wear a fabulous hat! High Tea tickets are priced at $25.00 and sold at the culinary office. Advance purchase is required.
Dine with us at the Orchard Ridge campus.
- The Ridgewood Café – Menu items are freshly prepared from scratch and change daily offering salads, sandwiches, entrées and desserts. Guests are invited to dine in with service or utilize the cafeteria and help themselves. The Café is open 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., most Tuesdays and Wednesdays through April 18. *The Ridgewood Cafe is closed February 27-28 and March 6-7.
- Reflections Restaurant – The restaurant's Prix Fixe $16 menu features a four-course meal with three entrées to select from that change weekly. Reservations are required. Wine and beer are available. The restaurant is open Thursdays, 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. through April 19. *The Reflections Restaurant is closed March 1 and 8.
- The Bakery is open Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on the third floor of J Building. Purchase breads, cakes, candies, cookies and chocolates. *A special bakery sale is being held on March 15 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
About the OCC Culinary Studies Institute - OCC's Culinary Studies Institute is Michigan's premier hospitality school. The largest of the Institute's programs, Culinary Arts, gives students a combination of classroom and hands on experience. In addition to extensive time in kitchen labs cooking and baking, specialties such as ice carving and wine and spirits are offered. Students participate in events such as the annual Wassail Feast at the student-run Ridgewood Café, a restaurant on the Orchard Ridge Campus.
About OCC - With five campuses throughout Oakland County, OCC offers degrees and certificates in approximately 100 career fields as well as university transfer degrees in business, science and liberal arts. The College provides academic and developmental experiences allowing each student to reach their full potential and enhance the communities they serve. More than 40,000 students annually attend OCC; more than a million students have enrolled in the College since it opened in 1965. Learn more at oaklandcc.edu.