Oakland Community College has partnered with Google to provide OCC students with
Google Apps. This includes access to Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google
Talk and much more.
If you have a MyOCC account and have logged in to MyOCC at least once, then your
Student Email is ready to be activated. To begin, enter your MyOCC
user name and password then click Sign In.
If you do not know your user name or password, please use the following links:
How do I forward my OCC
Student Email to another email address?
If you would like to forward your OCC Student Email account to your non-OCC email
account (e.g., AOL, HotMail, Comcast, ...):
- Sign in to your OCC Student Email account.
- Click the Settings icon which is located near the upper right corner of the Gmail
page, select Settings then click the Forwarding tab.
- Click the Add a forwarding address button.
- Enter the email address to which you would like your messages forwarded.
- A confimation email will be sent the email address entered. Follow the instructions
in the email message to complete the set-up process.
- Click Save Changes.
- Send a test message to your OCC student email address and verify that it shows up
in the email account to which your messages are forwarded to.
Why can't I set up my OCC Student
Email account on my mobile phone?
Your OCC Student Email account is not a typical Gmail account. OCC offers a type
of Google email that can be used collaboratively within the student.oaklandcc.edu
domain but not outside of that. Student.oaklandcc.edu email accounts are created
and linked to the OCC student’s MyOCC user name and as such, the email
account uses the MyOCC password to gain access. Google has no record of
this password; for this reason, it may not be possible to set up student email on
some mobile devices.