Student Email User Guide
Activating Your OCC Student Email Account
Students must activate their account in order to begin using OCC student email.
To activate your account:
- Go to the Sign In to Student Email
page. The Student Email link can be found from either of the following locations:
- From the Sign In to Student Email
page, enter your OCC user name and password; this is the same user name and password
that you use to log in to MyOCC. Don't know your user name or password?
- go to
What's My User Name? or
What's My Password? in MyOCC.
- After you have successfully signed in, you should see the Welcome to your new
account page. Review the
Google Terms of Service. If you agree to the terms, type the funny letters
shown in the image into the box at the bottom of the page then click I accept. Continue
to my account.
- Once the acceptance has been submitted, you will then arrive at your personalized
OCC Student Email page powered by Google. Your email address will be your OCC user
name followed by OCC's student domain, @student.oaklandcc.edu. For example:
Your email address will appear in the upper right hand corner of your personalized
- You are now good to go!
Forwarding Your OCC Email to Another Email Address
If you would like to forward your OCC student email account to your non-OCC email
account (e.g., AOL, HotMail, Comcast, ...):
- Sign in to your OCC student email account.
- Click the Settings icon which is located near the upper right corner of the Gmail
page, select Settings then click the Forwarding tab.
- Click the Add a forwarding address button.
- Enter the email address to which you would like your messages forwarded.
- A confimation email will be sent the email address entered. Follow the instructions
in the email message to complete the set-up process.
- Click Save Changes.
- Send a test message to your OCC student email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
and verify that it shows up in the email account to which your messages are forwarded