We look forward to offering the Peer Mentor Program again during the winter 2024 semester.
The Peer Mentoring Program is designed to provide a connection for Promise Zones students in their transition to the Oakland Community College community by providing support and resources to increase their success and engagement within the Oakland Community College community.
- Increase retention by alleviating isolation at Oakland Community College.
- Increase student involvement and interaction at Oakland Community College.
- Bridge the gap between students and Support Services at Oakland Community College.
- Assist students with engagement into college life at Oakland Community College.
- Provide assistance and direction to students participating in Promises Zones.
- Introduce students to Oakland Community College campus resources.
- Support and encourage students to maintain a good academic standing and participate in campus activities.
- Encourage team building and leadership development among mentors.
- Identify and implement specific networking activities among peer mentors and mentees.
- Provide support and resources to help students adjust academically and socially to the campus community.