Is this course a requirement in order to take online courses at OCC?
Yes. If you plan on taking online or hybrid courses at OCC, you must register for
and successfully complete the Online Learning Readiness course.
Do I have to take the course every semester before registering for online or hybrid
No. Once you pass, you are not required to take it again.
Why can't I find the course in D2L?
- Verify your registration was successful.
- Check your OCC student email account for the DIST-1000 registration confirmation.
- Check your My Class Schedule in MyOCC under the current 'AY' term (Annual Year) for the DIST-1000 course.
- Ask yourself if you waited one (1) business day after you registered.
- Remember! It takes one business day before your enrollment is added to the D2L system.
When does the course start?
You can access the course on the next business day after you successfully register
for the course.
How long does the course take to complete?
The course takes an average of (3) hours to complete and includes knowledge checks along the way to help you practice and retain what
The course is available through the end of August. You must successfully complete the course before the course end date in order to register for online or hybrid courses.
What happens if I do not pass the course before the end date?
If you do not successfully pass the Online Learning Readiness course before the end
date you will need to register for the next DIST-1000 course offering.
What am I required to complete in the course?
You will find a checklist at the beginning of each lesson that contains links to each
page in the lesson. You must read each lesson page and then check off each page in
the checklist in order to be able to take that lesson's quiz.
The course contains the following modules with one quiz per module:
- Lesson 1 - Online Learning in a Nutshell
- Lesson 2 - Technical Requirements and Support
- Lesson 3 - Navigation and Settings
- Lesson 4 - Communication
- Lesson 5 - Content
- Lesson 6 - Discussions
- Lesson 7 - Assignments and Turnitin
- Lesson 8 - Quizzes
- Lesson 9 - Grades
- Lesson 10 - Wrap Up and Next Steps
What score must I achieve to receive a passing grade?
You must pass each of the ten (10) quizzes with at least a 75%—but you can take each one as many times as you need to obtain a passing score.
How soon before I can register for an online or hybrid course after passing?
After you pass all of the Online Readiness course quizzes with a 75% or greater, your passing grade (P) will be posted to MyOCC within one (1) business day. After the grade is posted, you will then be able to register for online or hybrid
courses at OCC.