Search and Register Tutorial
Use Search and Register for Sections if you are unsure of the 6-digit registration code for the section(s) for which you wish to register.
From the Student Menu, click the Register for Sections link to register for a class. On the webpage that opens, click the Search and Register for Sections link.
You will be taken to the Search/Register for Sections page. You will be taken to the Search/Register for Sections page.To begin, enter your search criteria:
- The Term and at least one additional field must be filled in for a valid search.
- The more information you enter, the narrower the search results and the quicker the results are returned.
- After entering the criteria, click Submit.
The results web page displays the sections that meet your search criteria.
- To display the results in a different order, select an option in the Re-sort my results list box then click Submit at the bottom of the screen.
- To view more information about a particular section, including prerequisites, course description, last date to drop, last date for a refund, and instructor contact information, click the link in the Section Name and Title column.
- To select the section(s) for which you wish to register, click the checkbox for the sections in the Select Section(s) column.
- Click Submit.
The sections you've selected will be placed in your preferred sections list (Shopping Cart). You will automatically be taken to Register and Drop Sections where you can view this list and complete the registration process for your preferred sections.
- Select an Action (Register or Audit) for individual sections in the preferred list.
- Click Submit.
IMPORTANT TIP! You can add and drop in one transaction. From the My Preferred Sections list, select an Action, either Register or Audit, for the section you wish to add. From the Current Registrations list, check the sections you wish to drop. Click Submit. MyOCC will attempt to perform both of these requests at once. If, for any reason, you are unable to enroll in the class you were attempting to add, you will not be dropped from the section you were attempting to drop.
About My Preferred Sections (Shopping Cart)
- Your place in a class is not reserved by adding it to your preferred sections list. You must complete the registration process to actually reserve a seat in the class.
- The presence of a section in your preferred list does not indicate in any way that you will be able to register for that section. Eligibility for the class (i.e. prerequisites, faculty permission, seat availability, etc.) is checked at the time you register for the section.
- You do not need to register for all sections in your preferred list, only those you have decided you want or need.
- If you are attempting to register for more than one class in your preferred list, and one class fails, none of the classes will be added to your schedule.
- Preferred sections will remain in your shopping cart until you either register or remove them. This allows you to select sections and return later to register.
If your registration was successful, you will be taken to a results page which confirms your actions and provides a list of current registrations.
- The payment due date is shown below the list of current registrations.
- You are advised to print this page for your records.