Kathleen A. Bertolini | Trustee
Kathleen A. Bertolini is a Human Resources Analyst II with Oakland County, Michigan. She came to county government as a retired public middle school teacher with over 25 years public school teaching experience. Kathleen has a proven track record of educating people of all ages, while providing strategic thought to make successful change a reality.
Over the course of her career, Kathleen has had the opportunity to share her expertise on instruction at several conferences across Michigan and the Great Lakes region. In her professional leadership roles, she has been successful in initiating new programs for both students and educators. Further, she challenged and supported her teams in elevating the development and delivery of highly-effective instruction.
Kathleen has been fortunate to have interacted and taught students of different nationalities, cultural back- grounds, races, ages, socioeconomic levels, and ethnicities. In her trustee role, she has helped guide the college regarding its mission, values, and vision.
Community & Professional Leadership
- Advocate for public education and literacy
- Active volunteer at state and local events including Brooksie Way Half-Marathon, Arts, Beats and Eats and Adopt-a-Highway Program
- Master of Education, Oakland University
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Oakland University
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Chairperson, Social Studies Department, Abbott Middle School
- Educational Liaison, District Curriculum Council, West Bloomfield School District