Edward D. Callaghan | Trustee
Edward D. Callaghan was elected as a Trustee to Oakland Community College Board of Trustees in 2022.
Dr. Callaghan served as a full-time OCC faculty member from 2005 to 2015, as well as an adjunct. He currently is an Adjunct Professor at Walsh College.
Previously, Dr. Callaghan was President at OCC's Orchard Ridge Campus and Vice Chancellor for Human Resources and College Communications.
Dr. Callaghan has negotiated labor contracts for more than 30 years representing public employers including: Dearborn Public Schools, Wayne County Community College, Henry Ford Community College, and Oakland Community College.
Community & Professional Leadership
- Advocate for Higher Education and Quality Health Care
- Board Member, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Board Member, Michigan Employees School Government Credit Union
- Board Member, Motor City Lyric Opera
- Board Member, Alliance for Excellence for Online Learning (A4EOE)
- Quality and Safety Committee, Henry Ford Health System
- Audit and Compliance Committee, Henry Ford Health System
Education & Credentials
- PhD, University of Michigan
- MBA, Wayne State University
- BA, University of Detroit Mercy
- Extensive collective bargaining experience, including MERC elections, unfair labor practice claims, and mediation cases
- Serves as an Act 312 arbitrator for police and fire municipal disputes and as a fact finder for governmental units in Michigan on behalf of the Michigan Employment Relations Commission