What to do if your class is cancelled
You’ve worked hard to get here.
We understand having a class cancelled is disruptive to your plans. OCC works hard to not cancel classes but sometimes a class with too few students registered or for other vital reasons, a class must be cancelled. While there is no guarantee an alternate class is available, you do have options.
As your partner in education, we want to ensure you are successful.
Follow these steps when your class is cancelled
- Log into MyOCC
- Go to the Student Planning card
- Select “View Your Progress” and scroll down to see courses remaining in your plan to complete your degree
- Click on the section number of the course you need to take
- Once the new page loads, click “View Available Sections”
- On the left navigation bar, filter for “Winter 2023”
- Search and register for sections that fit into your schedule
Connect with us to speak with someone who can help
Counseling – If you would like additional guidance on course selections, you can contact Counseling for assistance. Contact information (including “Ask a Counselor” email addresses) for each campus is listed here. You may experience longer than average wait times during the start of each semester.
Financial Aid - If you have financial aid, student loans and/or scholarships, class cancellations could impact your award. Please contact Student Financial Resources and Scholarships with any financial aid questions via email or call 248.341.2240.
If you are unable to find a replacement class, tuition refunds are given when the College cancels a course prior to the course start date. Credit card payments are issued to the credit card account provided; all other refunds are issued by check or direct deposit. Please check your student account on MyOCC to ensure your contact information is up to date.