In order to enroll in BIO 1570 (Microbiology of Health and Disease) or BIO 2630 (Human
Anatomy and Physiology I), you must have:
- Earned a C or higher in BIO 1511 or BIO 1530 (or equivalent college transfer course)
within the past 5 years.
- Earned 70% on the Biology Proficiency Test
The Biology Proficiency Test is a 60 question, multiple-choice test. We recommend
that you spend time reviewing the material before taking the test. (See topics on
the back) You are allowed to retake the test one time.
If you do not earn 70% on your second attempt, you must enroll in BIO 1511 or BIO
1530 (see a counselor before enrolling in BIO 1530).
Your Biology Placement score is valid for 5 years.
Students are exempt if they meet anyone of the following conditions:
- If you earned a C or higher in BIO 1570 and want to enroll in BIO 2630 or earned a
C in BIO 2630 and want to enroll in BIO 1570 (obtain a signed “Prerequisite Exemption”
form from the department chair)
- If you are retaking BIO 1570/BIO 2630 and received a C or higher the first time (obtain
a signed “Prerequisite Exemption” form from the department chair)
- If you received a 3 or higher on the AP Biology exam (submit test results to a counselor)
- If you have achieved a passing CLEP score on the SUBJECT exam in General Biology (submit
test results to a counselor)
- If you have been admitted under a guest application from another college (high school
guest students are not eligible)