Personal Enrichment and Professional Development
A number of OCCARP members pursue personal enrichment activities or continue to be involved in professional pursuits which bring recognition to Oakland Community College or will enhance the OCCARP organization.
In order to assist and encourage these pursuits, OCCARP has established a fund to support personal enrichment and professional development.
Listed are some examples of the types of activities that members might ask support for.
- Attend a conference or meeting in their professional field.
- Go to a lecture on some topic of interest.
- Present a paper at a conference.
- Take a course in an area of interest.
- Take instruction in something, such as painting, horseback riding, bridge, stamp collecting, or genealogy.
- Participate in a program, such as retirement planning or cardiac health.
Members of OCCARP must submit a Request for Funds for Personal Enrichment/Professional Development Form to the OCCARP Board Chair for consideration of approval by the Board. To ensure consideration for reimbursement, the form MUST be submitted PRIOR to participation in the event or activity.
Because funding is limited and it is the intent of the OCCARP Board to support as many members as possible, the maximum award will not exceed $200 per year per member. Requests will be reviewed as received by the OCCARP Board at the following monthly meeting, and decisions and notifications will follow.