ABOUT THE DATA
OCC’s credit hour enrollment data comes from OCC’s data warehouse reporting system. Credit hour enrollment data references end of the session data, after regular or accelerated terms have completed. The dashboard shows demographic 5 year trend data for Fall, Winter, and Summer terms. The tiptool provides total credits of the selected term (N), then the actual credits for the specific variable (n) as well as the percentage of credits. Filters can be used to drill down into more detailed information on any sub-group.
- FTIAC: First Time in Any College (FTIAC) students are those who have never attended college before this term. Any credits that FTIACs accumulate within a term would be considered FTIAC credits.
- Non-FTIAC: Students who have experienced higher education before this term at OCC or elsewhere. Any credits that Non-FTIACs accumulate within a term would be considered Non-FTIAC credits.
- Full-time Student: Student who has enrolled in 12 credits a term for Fall or Winter. Any credits that a full-time student accumulates are considered full-time credits.
- Part-time Student: Student who has enrolled in less than 12 credits for Fall or Winter. Any credits that a part-time student accumulates are considered part-time credits.
- In-District: Students who reside within Oakland County. Any credits that an in-district student accumulates are considered in-district credits.
- Out-of-District: Students who reside in a region outside of Oakland County. This includes anyone out of the county, state, or country. Any credits that an out-of-district student accumulates are considered out-of-district credits.
- Gender: Self-reported gender in the initial term. If gender is not reported, then it’s unknown.
- Age: Age at the initial term. If age or birth date is not reported, then it’s unknown.
Office of Institutional Effectiveness