Sign Language Interpreter (SLI.AAS) Part - Time
Program Outcomes - 2023-2024
Program outcomes represent broad areas of knowledge and skills developed over the duration of the program through a wide range of courses and experiences. These learning outcomes represent what a student should be able to know, think, or do upon successful completion of their program at Oakland Community College.
- Students will demonstrate entry level knowledge to become qualified in the field of sign language interpreting.
- Students will be able to communicate in ASL at a functional level.
- Students will use their degree to work in ASL-English Interpreting or a related field.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the NAD-RID (National Association of the Deaf-Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc.) Code of Professional Conduct, and the theory, history, and practice of the profession of interpreting.
- Student will demonstrate appropriate forms of verbal and nonverbal expression.