What occupations can I train for through Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship offers access to thousands of career paths. There are over 1100 apprenticeship
jobs in various industry sectors such as: manufacturing, healthcare, transportation,
financial services, culinary, hospitality, information technology/cyber security and
Who can become an Apprentice?
People eligible for apprenticeship programs are as diverse as the opportunities available.
Because entry requirements vary by program, apprentices reflect a range of backgrounds
and educational experiences. The eligible starting age for Registered Apprenticeship
can be no less than 16; however, in certain occupations and employer requirements,
you need to be at least 18. Each apprenticeship program’s sponsor also develops its
own minimum qualifications related to education and the ability to perform essential
Some Apprentices start their journey in pre-apprenticeship programs.
These programs prepare people to enter and succeed in apprenticeships by enhancing
their qualifications and expertise. Like apprenticeships, pre-apprenticeships involve
both classroom instruction and the chance to apply new skills in the real-world environment.
Seeking an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship opportunities are offered through an employer or the program sponsor.
- To become an apprentice, search for an opportunity using our Apprenticeship Job Finder and apply directly with the employer or the program sponsor.
- If you are interested in seeking an apprenticeship but need more guidance, find an American Job Center near you. They help businesses find qualified workers and can help you obtain an
apprenticeship to enhance your career.
- Questions about a specific opportunity? Contact the employer or the program sponsor
listed on the job posting for more information.
Benefits to Career Seekers
- Wages earned while training
- Improved skills and competencies
- Higher wages as skills increase
- National, portable credentials
- College certificate and associate degree opportunity
- Career advancement