Campuses and Sites of Oakland Community College
Oakland Community College is composed of campus sites conveniently situated to serve
all geographical areas of Oakland County. It operates at two additional locations
to assist in the conduct of College operations.
The core of all instruction and learning activities is on the campuses. Each campus
is proud of the range of programs, personal services, community events and laboratory
facilities that are available to all students. At the heart of each campus is a dedicated
faculty and staff, eager to provide a meaningful college experience.
All campuses have:
- Academic Support Centers (ASC) provide individual tutoring and other assistance for those students seeking
reinforcement in academic areas.
- Accessibility Compliance Center and Educational Support (ACCESS) provides accommodations for students with written documentation of a disability
and tutoring services for eligible students with a faculty referral.
- Accuplacer Placement - All new students whose native language is English must take the Accuplacer Placement
Assessment in order to take courses at Oakland Community College.
- ALEKS Math Placement - Students wishing to take a math course at OCC will take the ALEKS Math Placement.
This test is used to place you into the appropriate math course.
- Athletics and Intramurals for all students who wish to engage in competitive sports. Check individual campuses
for availability of specific offerings.
- Computer labs that contain up-to-date hardware along with training in a variety of
relevant software packages. Networked labs with Internet access enable students to
conduct research, access databases and write papers within the classroom.
- Courses and programs that transfer to many four-year colleges and universities.
- Degrees in Applied Sciences, Business Administration, General Studies, Liberal Arts,
as well as Sciences.
- Developmental Education designed to prepare students to be able to read, write, think
and problem-solve at the level appropriate for college success.
- Enrollment Services and Business Offices to better serve students. These offices allow
common OCC admittance, registration, tuition payment and financial aid assistance
from any location.
- Evening and Weekend Classes to accommodate working students.
- Financial Assistance designed to provide qualified students with funds that enable them to pursue educational
- Free Wireless Internet Access in student gathering areas and select classrooms. Additional
coverage areas were added in the spring/summer of 2012.
- Libraries that link students to extensive resources throughout the library network to support
the College's diverse academic programs. All libraries feature Internet access and
combined online public access to resources.
- Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MTELP) for students whose primary language
is not English.
- Professional Counselors to coordinate a guidance program and ensure student academic, vocational and social
- Student Organizations and extracurricular activities to meet diverse student needs.