Training program designed with you in mind
- Affordability: Our training programs are designed to be low cost and some are offered for free to
- Continuing education: You may also choose to continue your education for higher-level employment. Some occupations
are linked with other certificate and associate degree classes, as well as four-year
institutions, allowing you to build long-term growth in your career.
- Employment: You may become employed after the initial training program.
- Evidence-based job opportunities: We conduct research and work with our business and government partners to determine
the most in-demand opportunities. These programs may be for credit or non-credit.
- Salary: Each training program focuses on careers that offers good entry-level wages, helping
you build the foundation for your future.
A variety of career opportunities
We work continually with our employer partners to develop new, in-demand programs
in different fields, including:
The coronavirus pandemic has significantly impacted the field of healthcare, which
was already working to adapt from other recent socioeconomic trends, including the
aging of the Baby Boomer generation. Currently, we offer the following training programs:
- Mammography Technician: Coming soon…Spring 2023! This course is designed to give a Registered Radiologic Technologist the education
necessary to challenge the ARRT mammography registry.
- Certified Nursing Aide (CNA): These healthcare professionals help patients with daily activities such as bathing
and taking medication on time, and also assist with other clinical tasks such as taking
a patient’s vital signs.
- Sterile Processing Technician: With an increased focus on patient safety in healthcare, sterile processing technicians
are in high demand. These professionals decontaminate, inspect, assemble, package
and sterilize surgical instruments or devices in a healthcare facility, so that they
can be safely reused on patients.
Jobs in the Information Technology field are in high-demand. Currently, we offer
the following training program:
- Computer Security: Training for the Computer Security Technician program will include classes related
to CompTIA and soft skills classes to prepare you for a job in the technology industry.
We live in an era of complicated logistics, with supply chain issues and other challenges
affecting many businesses. Yet, supply chains and fulfillment companies are still
delivering goods across the world in record volumes. Currently, we offer the following
- Logistics Technician: From the automotive industry to e-commerce, logistics technicians are more critical
than ever. These professionals work in front-line material handling and supply chain
logistics jobs in fulfillment centers, warehouses, distribution centers and factories.
News reports often focus on how many jobs have been lost due to automation and other
trends in manufacturing and industrial environments. However, this workplace evolution
has also created new opportunities. Currently, we offer the following training programs:
- Apprenticeship: is a talent development strategy that combines on-the-job learning (OJL), related
instruction (RI), and mentorship to train individuals to be experts in their field.
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machine Operator: There is an immediate need for Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine operators,
who produce and machine parts by programming, setting up and operating a computer
numerical control (CNC) machine.
- Pre-Apprenticeship: We are looking to build a pipeline of qualified students to meet industry needs
in high-demand occupations in advanced manufacturing fields. Our Pre-Apprenticeship
course gives you a foundation of needed skills and the opportunity to earn up to three
industry recognized credentials.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Robotics Technician: Advanced manufacturing is one of the fastest-growing, high-demand industry sectors
in Southeast Michigan, with thousands of positions open annually.
- Salaries and job opportunities are determined through research and direct contact
with area businesses
- Occupations may be linked with other certificate and associate degree classes as well
as four year institutions
- Programs may be credit and/or non-credit
- Individuals may become employed after the initial training package and continue on
with their education for higher level employment