Rights & Responsibilities
Yours and Ours
As a financial aid recipient at OCC, you have certain rights and responsibilities. The Financial Aid office has rights and responsibilities, too.
Your Rights as a Financial Aid Recipient
You have the right to know:
- What federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs are available at OCC, along with details about how to apply and deadlines.
- The cost of attendance and OCC policies on refunds if you withdraw.
- How OCC determines your financial aid eligibility.
- How much of your financial aid eligibility has been met.
- What financial aid programs are offered in your student aid package.
- The amount of financial aid you receive that is grant or federal work-study aid, and what portion is a loan that you must repay.
- How OCC determines Satisfactory Academic Progress and the consequences if you do not meet this standard.