What people are saying:
- "One of my favorite experiences was just learning about the other person's language
- "We laughed a great deal. We laughed at ourselves and at our countries when comparing
differences and similarities."
- "We could talk for hours about anything. Learning about her life and sharing about
mine was so very rewarding.
How it works:
Partners will meet independently on a weekly basis on or off campus. You will decide
when and where to meet and what to discuss or do. For example, you can:
- Share conversation over a cup of coffee or tea
- Visit a museum and discuss the exhibits
- Attend a GLE Activity or Event
- Cook together
- Go for a walk in a local park
- Watch a movie and discuss it
- You get the idea -be creative and have fun!
However you choose to spend your time together, make sure that you're practicing speaking
and learning about each other's cultures!
Become a Cultural Ambassador:
Partners who meet regularly (10 hours over the course of the semester) and document
their hours will earn a "Cultural Ambassador" certificate at the end of the semester.
Keep in mind, throughout the semester, the Office of Global Education will host events
with light refreshments on-campus, and All CPP students are invited to attend. If
you attend with your partner, these events will count toward earning your Cultural
Global Literacy Endorsement (GLE) students:
Earning a cultural ambassador certificate will partially satisfy the Category 2: Global Life Experiences requirement of the GLE. If you have more than one CPP partner, you can earn additional
hours toward your required GLE Life Experience. Wondering with the GLE is? Visit Global Education for more information!
If you cannot attend an orientation and would still like to participate in the CPP,
contact Sarah Lemelin as soon as possible to make alternative arrangements.
*The OCC program description and design is adapted from the Baruch College CPP
Visit the online CPP application to get matched with a conversation partner.