OCC welcomes you as a Promise Zone scholarship student, whether you’re from Detroit, Hazel Park, or Pontiac. Your scholarship, which pays all or part of your tuition and fees, helps you focus on your classes instead of on how to pay for them.
To start your path toward success, follow these steps:
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, commonly known as the FAFSA.
- Apply to OCC
- Visit our New to College Checklist for more steps to becoming an OCC student.
We're Here to Support You
On the checklist, one of the most important items is making an appointment to see your OCC counselor. Your counselor can help you:
- Plan your education
- Explore career options
- Help with personal and social issues affecting your success
While your counselor is your main contact at OCC, we also provide many resources and tools to help you succeed. Just one example is the Academic Support Center, which offers tutoring and study skills seminars.
A Few Tips for Success
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you begin your journey at OCC:
- Be sure to check in with your Promise Zone advisor
- Remember that your scholarship requires you to maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average
- Check your financial aid regularly through MyOCC