Student Success Fund
Student Success Fund applications will be accepted only for the current semester, until available resources are depleted. We continue to campaign for donations to this fund to ensure continuation of assistance in the future.
Additional Support Resources
The Student Success Fund is OCC’s rapid response to students experiencing a sudden unexpected crisis. Through donations to the OCC Foundation, help may be available for enrolled students facing a non-tuition financial emergency. This fund may provide assistance to eligible students for help with rent, utilities, transportation, food, technology needs, required textbooks, or other unexpected expenses as outlined below, due to an unforeseen financial setback. The goal is to prevent a student from dropping out of classes and losing momentum toward completion.
Educational expenses such as tuition & fees or an outstanding balance on the student account are not covered by the Student Success Fund. Students who have questions about financial assistance for these types of expenses may work with Financial Aid to determine eligibility and are also encouraged to sign in and apply for scholarships through Scholarship Universe.
If approved, a student may receive one of the following depending on availability at the time of the request:
- Up to $500 in monetary assistance for unexpected, nonacademic emergency expenses
- A laptop computer
- Up to $400 for required textbooks from the Susan & Dennis Fiems Endowed Scholarship for textbooks or the Soldan Family Endowed book fund* OCC Bookstore
*Separate criteria apply
The Student Success Fund has provided a total of $91,223 to 266 students since 2018 through December 2022. In addition, it has provided more than 62 laptop computers to students in need.
To be eligible for assistance, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled at OCC, registered for at least six (6) credits and currently attending classes.
- Must not have an outstanding balance on your student account.
- Must not have received monetary assistance or a laptop computer through the Student Success Fund within the past year (365 days).
- Must not be a High School Dual Enrolled or College Guest student.