Early College Students
Early college (also known as middle college) blends high school and college into a multi-year program combining high school graduation with an OCC associate degree in grade 13. In this program, students work simultaneously toward their high school diploma and their OCC associate degree. There is no cost to the students for OCC tuition, fees, or books. Students in early college programs often go on to complete their bachelors' degree studies at a four-year college or university.
Currently, OCC hosts two early college experiences as well as an early college program through Oakland Technical Schools. Interested students should visit the program websites for specific information:
- Oakland Early College
- Oakland Early College is a Schools of Choice program through the West Bloomfield School District.
- Oakland ACE (Accelerated College Experience)
- Oakland ACE is an early college program through Oakland Schools for students in participating Oakland County districts.
- Oakland Technical Early College
- Oakland Technical Early College is an early college program through Oakland Schools Technical Campuses for students in participating Oakland County districts.
|OCC Early College Alum Heads to Harvard
"Adedoyin always started with a solid base, but she wasn't afraid to ask others for feedback and to try new approaches to really sharpen her work. I enjoyed working with her because she was always so graceful, professional, and kind." Learn more...